22 Ideas & Ways To Make A Real Statement..!
Mosaic tiles are so versatile, and are a simple way to add a touch of luxury and ‘wow’ factor to any tiled area. There are so many ways to use them!
Bathroom & Kitchen Ideas
1. Feature walls; Make a real statement on any tiled wall, using them in some of the ideas below. Using mosaics as an accent in a kitchen or bathroom to zone an area is so effective.
2. Slim Borders; Cut the mosaics down to create a horizontal or vertical border in between larger format tiles. A splice of colour can work so well..!
3. Slim Border Zoning; Use more than one row or column of mosaics cut down, to create a fantastic zoning effect.
4. Slim Border Zoning - Floor to Wall; This can create a unique look, by taking a vertical slim border, and continuing along the floor. You need to make sure that the mosaics are suitable for use on the floor.
5. Full Sheet Horizontal Borders; Adding a little more height onto a border really can make a big impact on the look of a room.
6. Zone behind a toilet...! Using mosaics at the back of a loo can create an eye-catching statement.
7. Go Vertical..! Turn the tiles the opposite way from the norm to create a completely new and unique look. Work particularly well with linear mosaics, such as brick or irregular brick shaped mosaics.
8. Zoned Shower Areas; Create a feature within your shower area, to separate from the rest of the bathroom, and zone off..!
9. Wet Room Floors; Make a feature by simply using mosaics on the floor of a wetroom, and use larger format tiles to compliment. You need to ensure that the mosaics are suitable for use on the floor, and within a high volume water area, such as a wetroom. Check HoM packaging for further details.
10. Wet Room Divider Walls; Use the mosaics to create a separation area within a bathroom, creating a real 'wow' statement, and something a bt different from the norm! You need to ensure that the mosaics are suitable for use on the floor, and within a high volume water area, such as a wetroom. Check HoM packaging for further details.
11. Feature Bath Panels; Simple to make a statement look in any bathroom, by placing mosaics onto the bath panel area. Team this with a slim border above the bath, to fully accent, compliment and finish off the look of the room.
12. Feature Behind Sinks; This can create a real eye-catching look when used behind twin sinks, a single sink, or for something a bit more unique - zone either side of a sink..!
13. Fill in a Bathroom Recess Shelf; You can create a recess using a water resistant board such as HardieBacker, to build up the area, then tile the mosaics directly to these boards. They look fantastic and are a great alternative to a border.
14. Floor Separation; Use to create a zoned area on the floor in between larger format tiles, creating a fantastic look. You need to make sure that the mosaics are suitable for use on the floor.
15. Cloakrooms or Bathroom En-Suites; Simply use 1-2 sheets behind a small sink, to create a brighter and more vibrant look, versus plain larger format tiles.
16. Zoned Kitchen Hob Area; Use in the area directly behind the hob, to create a true feature in the kitchen.
17. Kitchen Splashbacks; Use in between worktops and cupboards to create a mini feature wall
Dare to Be Different...!?
If you are looking for something a bit different, outside of the kitchen or bathroom, then here are some ideas to get your creativity flowing..! Enjoy..! HoM xx
18. Make a Mirror Feature; Use mosaics around the outer edge of a mirror, to create a unique feature.
19. Headboard Feature; Not restricted to the kitchen or bathroom...try in the bedroom! Mosaics can make a fantastic statement as a headboard, and make a great alternative to wallpaper!
20. As a Curved Feature; Use to create this sort of look, and actually make feature of the sink, using tiles on the sink, rather than placing behind it.
21. Around a fireplace; Depending on what material you use, can really change the look of a room, when using mosaics on a fireplace. Traditionally stone is used around fireplaces in the UK, so you could use stone mosaics, or go contemporary, using glass or mixed materials for a more unique look!
22. As a piece of Art...! Channel your inner creativity by using the mosaics to create a piece of art on the wall, the more irregular the better the impact..! xx