From Monochrome to pastels, we've rounded up the hottest bathroom looks and products to help you recreate them:
The modern way to do monochrome is to ensure you have an intense pattern; Monochrome is the most classic tonal pairing, but there's a new contemporary way to showcase black and white - dazzling geometric designs that overwhelm the eye. For a standout, bold effect on tiles or textures choose a pattern in which two colours have a equal weighing - think zigzags, chevrons, squares, circles. For something a bit softer try a white base with subtle black detailing.
Top left; 'Pod' hexagon porcelain tiles in 'Mono' on the wall and floor are combined with 'Terrazzo Nouveau' matt porcelain tiles in 'Grey' on the right- hand wall both by Mandarin Stone' (mandarinstone.com). Top right: Geberits's 'Acanto' washbasin, mirror cabin and tall side unit (geberit,com) are accent by a patterned monochrome rug. Bottom Left: The alternating pattern of Lapicida's 'Haute Deco' tiles is a powerful statement in this bathroom (lapicida.com). Bottom Right: 'Mats Theselius' cement tiles by Marrakech Design make a striking large-scale pattern (marrakechdesign.se).
Details on Monochrome; rethink classis black and white this season by seeking out graphic eye-catching pattern.
1. 'Smokey Eyes' paint £44 for 2.5 litres, Graham & Brown (graham&brown.com) 2. Orbit mirror by Rodney Kinsman, £624, The Conran Shop (theconranshop.com) 3. 'Chequers Court Deco Mosaic' tiles £139 per square metre, Fired Earth (firedearth.com) 4. 'Illusion' tiles £90 per square metre, Stone & Ceramic Warehouse (sacw.co.uk) 5. 'LB4018' torch wall lamp in 'Silver Nickel' £340 Lefroy Brooks (lefroybrooks.com).
1. 3D Spiro £15.99 per tile, £175.89 per square metre
2. Geo Moroccan Black & White £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
3. Mini Metro Black, £12.99 per tile, £142.89 per square metre
4. Mini Metro White £12.99 per tile, £142.89 per square metre
Ultra Marine; layer differently textured surfaces in this eye-catching hue to add depth;
Rich and vivid adding drama to any bathroom; blue is a bathroom favourite. The vibrant, matt version made famous by artist Yves Klein who believed 'blue is beyond dimensions'- is the most stylish take on the colour. For a saturated look use it on floors, walls, celling's and furniture.
Left: The Poured Project's 'Cube' basin from Bert & May (bertandmay.com) is set against 10BB 09/155 Paint from Dulux Trade (duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk) and lit with 'Taketa' lights by Astro Lighting (astrolighting.com)
Right: 'Cristalli' lava stone tiles in 'C10' by Made a Mano (madeamano.com) create a striking shower backdrop.
Details on Ultra Marine: Layer differently textured surfaces in this eye-catching hue to add depth
1. 'Mazruka' mosaic tiles in 'Cobalt Dark Blue', £23.95 per sheet, Walls and Floors (wallsandfloors.co.uk) 2. 'Victoria Blue' tiles from the 'Minton Hollins' collection, £93.77 per square metre, Johnson Tiles (Johnson-tiles.com) 3. 'Safetred Ion Linen' flooring in 'Dark Blue', £15.59 per square metre, Tarkett (tarkett.com) 4. 'Ultra Blue' paint, £49 for 2.5 litres, Little Greene (littlegreen.com) 5. 'Puzzle' tile by Barber & Osgerby for Mutina, from £177 per square metre, Domus (domusgroup.com) 6. 'Rilievi' surface in 'Cielo' by Zaven for Cedit, from £152 per square metre, Domus (domusgroup.com) 7. Sodalite glass mosaic blend with Swarovski crystals, approx. £525.60 per square metre, Bisazza (biasazza.com) 8. 'Lapiz Lazuli A Plus' marble from the 'Gemstone' collection, price on request, Antolini (antolini.com) 9. 'Panorama' tile in P43, £672 per square metre, Made a Mano (madeamano.com).
1. Brixton, £12.99 per tile, £142.89 per square metre
2. Cancun, £9.99 per tile, £109.89 per square metre
3. Curacao, £11.99 per tile, £131.89 per square metre
4. Geo Moroccan Bright, £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
Bored of your standard pastel colours? Shake it up with a juicy California twist.
Then hedonistic colours of Palm Springs have blossomed in the bathroom. Mix on-trend sugary pastel shades with a twist of sunshine - think punchy watermelon pink, juicy peach and vibrant mint, the perfect poolside cocktail. Glossy finishes and high shine brassware add a sense of energy. Getting ready in the morning just became a whole lot more fun and vibrant.
1. Mint green tiles mixed with pink basin bathroom designed by Reyjavik-based creative studio Dodlur (didlur.is) 2. Statement bathroom designed by Bergman & Co (bergmanandco.com) features a custom light and mirror by Australian brand Please Please Please (pleasepleaseplease.au) on a base of 'Pericus' Dulux paint (dulux.com) griddled 'Vogue' tiles in 'Rosa' by Classic Ceramics (classicceramics.com.au) and pink concrete basins from Slab Shapers (slabshapers.com) 3. 'Terrazzo Nouveau' matt porcelain tiles in 'Ivory' offset peachy tones of 'Norse Subway' ceramic gloss tiles in 'Terra', both by Mandarin Stone (mandarinstone.com) The 'Kern' basin in 'Duck Egg' is by Kast Concreate Basins (kastconcretebasins.com) 4. Green Tadelaskt (tadelakt.co.uk) and 'Piglet' tiles by Dtile (dtile.nl) form a perfect pastel palette in this space by Utkan Gunerkan (utkangunerkan.com).
Details on Palm Springs: Create a sunny, playful bathroom scheme with these vibrant buys
1. 'Salvia' paint, £55 for 2.5 litres, Paint & Paint Library (paintandpaintlibrary.com) 2. 'Hanley' tube-lined tiles, £1,058 per square metre, Balineum (balineum.co.uk) 3. 'Arquarelle' shower curtain in 'Vertical Rose', £35, Hay (hay.dk) 4. 'Biscuit' tiles in 'Dune' by 41zero42, £149 per square metre, Domus (gomusgroup.com) 5. 'Perch' mirror with shelp, £239, CB2 (cb2.com) 6. 'Bubble' bathroom light, £695, Curiousa & Curiousa (curiousa.co.uk) 7. 'Iva' basin in 'Duck Egg', £2,340, Kast Concrete Basins (kastconcretebasins.com) 8. 'E3 Apricot' terrazzo tiles, £90 per square metre, Terrazzo Tiles (terrazzo-tiles.co.uk).
1. Midi Metro Crackle Teal, £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
2. Midi Metro Crackle Pistachio, £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
3. Vintage Moroccan, £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
Rough Texture: Tactility is the order of the day in these calming retreats. Natural materials and textures are taking over in interiors. There's no better place to channel this trend than the bathroom, using stone-like finishes and imperfect patinas creates a cosy space.
1. Sydney- based practice Killing Matt Woods (killingmattwoods.com) used Semco's 'X-Bond' finish (semcosurfaces.com) for this shower room. It's accented by the thick black outline of the screen and door. 2. White 'Aki' bath from Alternative Bathrooms (alternativebathrooms.com) is a stark contrast to this bathroom's rough concrete walls and floor. 3. The 'HB' shower by Lucas Papini in 'Oro Chiaro' for Quadro Design (quadrodesign.it) adds glamour to the rustic finish on the shower walls
The details on Rough Texture; Choose tactile finishes in organic, neutral tones for a calming space
1. 'Oak Primrose' wood flooring, from £83 per square metre, Ecora (ecora.co.uk) 2. Rake tiles in 'Linen' by Ann Sacks, £148 per square metre, West One Bathrooms (westonebathrooms.com) 3. 'Bera & Beren' wall tile, from £61 per square metre, Domus (domusgroup.com) 4. 'Venice Villa' terrazzo tile in 'Beige', £75 per square metre, Fabbrica Marmi e Graniti (irisfmg/com) 5. 'Fresh Plaster' eggshell, £42 for 2.5 litres, Craig & Rose (craigandrose.com) 6. 'Little Rascal' paint, £43 for 2.5 litres, Earthborn (earthbornpaints.co.uk 7. 'Alchemy' mosaic tiles in 'Pink Gin Chevron', £248 per square metre, Fired Earth (firedearth.com) 8. 'Loop' wood-effect tile, from £232 per square metre, Domus (domusgroup.com).
1. Woolacombe, £14.99 per tile, £164.89 per square metre
2. Carrera Mix, £12.99 per tile, £142.89 per square metre
3. Grey Brick, £12.99 per tile, £142.89 per square metre
4. Newquay border pack of 3, £14.99 per tile, £494.67 per square metre
With thanks to Elle Decoration October issue